So now that I’ve reflected on 2017 and I’ve chosen my one little word for 2018 I thought it was time to set some solid goals and intentions for the year. I’m not planning on setting any huge goals, or having a million intentions and goals. I’m trying to keep it very simple but I do like to have something laid out to guide the year, a plan of sorts – Type A personality at it’s best!
I’m letting my word ABUNDANCE guide my intentions and goals for the year. This year is going to be very big and busy for us. For the first time in four years we will be a two income family, we have a lot of catching up to do financially and so that is a huge part of what our year will be as a family. I’m feeling seriously conflicted about this part of our year (I’ll be blogging that soon!) and so in an attempt to release some of that stress I’m really trying to establish some healthy practices that will help me cope with the busyness and stress and that is what my intentions are born out of.
I sat down and wrote out some intentions for my Body, Mind and Soul. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Body – I intend to place value on my body, to love and nourish it and treat it with respect by:
- Eating food that fuels and benefits my body. Stop sabotaging my health and wellbeing for the short term satisfaction of eating food that does not benefit my body.
- Starting to move my body daily. Do activity that I enjoy and builds strength.
- Mind – I intend to grow my mind, to slow the negative inflow and replace it with positive by:
- Stopping the endless scrolling. Put my phone down, engage in the present moments.
- Decluttering online.
- Reading and writing daily.
- Soul – I intend to recognize my soul as a valuable and meaningful part of my being, to nourish my spiritual being by:
- Daily Bible reading.
- Daily prayer/meditation.
I really think all of these intentions will be very beneficial to my wellbeing in 2018. I feel like I’m at a bit of an advantage in being able to anticipate my struggles as I return to work and the busyness of work/life balance since this is the second time!
My goals are small, and I think attainable. I hope to achieve more than this but I want to keep this list short and simple keeping in mind that I’m also building a business on the side which keeps me very busy in the downtime of my days. Here’s the goals I’ve come up with so far:
- Have zero credit card debt and have paid down other debts by Dec 31, 2018.
- Be 100% gluten free.
- Knit at least 1 garment for each family member (already started on mine!)
- Learn how to sew (FOR REAL this year!)
- Revamp the blog to reflect current life (happening this month!)
- Complete One Second Everyday video (LOVING this app this year!)
- Only buy sustainable, ethical clothing for my wardrobe (and local when possible), thus beginning a real capsule wardrobe.
I know we are only 8 days into this year but so far I’m loving it! Have you set any goals or intentions for your years? What about a word to guide you? I’d love to hear them!