My husband has recently become obsessed with baked good, specifically baked goods that he grew up eating in Guinea-Bissau. He’s constantly looking up recipes and sending them to me – he’s the chef, I’m the baker haha. This specific cake he wanted a lemon flavour and I got the idea to use some lemon oil and the results were phenomenal. This cake doesn’t NEED the oil but if you have it you should definitely use it because it takes it from good to amazing! Let me know if you try it!
Here’s the recipe:
1 cup sugar (feel free to decrease this, it’s quite sweet)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 drops Young Living lemon essential oil
Zest of one lemon
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a cake pan (we used a fluted tube cake pan) with oil and dusted with flour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat eggs and sugar for 3 minutes.
3. Add oil, yogurt, essential oil and zest and mix until incorporated
4. Sift flour and baking soda into mixture and mix with wooden spoon until incorporated.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I like to double this recipe and love it with some whipped cream!