Whew! April 1 already! Spring is here and it is glorious. We are in the full swing of the start of gardening season. Lots to clean up thanks to not properly getting ready for winter and lots to plant (that’s the fun part!).
Before we get there let me do a bit of a check in. We’ve finished the first quarter of the year and I think more than any other year I’m feeling pretty good about where I’m at goal wise. Momentum brings with a certain type of motivation, one that doesn’t necessarily come every single day but over the course of time it’s consistent.
Let me catch you up, it feels like it’s been forever!
Truthfully February wasn’t an awesome month, but I think it was like that for a few families. Between the Polar Vortex and two separate illnesses in our house we only left the house a handful of times. It was long and lonely for us but it also meant I got some things accomplished that had been on my list for far too long. March flew by and brought the sunshine and happy days! We celebrated my baby girls second birthday with my parents which was so good.
So what have I been up to goal wise? So much! To see what I’m hoping to do in 2019 check out this post.
- Investing in hobbies was something I took seriously in March – meaning I maybe spent more than I intended ha! I bought yarn and fabric, I bought many many plants and purchased lots of pens.
- My hobbies have expanded drastically!
- In February and beginning of March I sewed two outfits for my little girl. I also purchased materials to begin sewing for myself.
- I gifted a lettering class to one of my close friends and we attended together. It’s definitely not something I’m naturally gifted in or good at BUT I enjoy it and I’m going to practice lots over the next 100 days for the 100 Day Project (I’ll post more on that later I hope).
- In book reading I’ve become an overachiever. February I did only read one book but March I read 7!!! I didn’t even know that was possible and I definitely was not aiming to overachieve but I’ve cut back a lot on my phone time and I’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping due to pain. Those two things combined means I’m getting a lot of reading done. Maybe I’ll do a bit of a round up this month. I’m really not a great reviewer of literature but I feel like the more I read that better I’m getting at understanding what I’m looking for in a book and what I don’t like.
- I honestly can’t remember if I did a self care act in February but March I think I could name a couple. One was getting a full day alone with my parents – that hasn’t happened in years and years and we did nothing special other than run errands and repot plants but it was still wonderful. The other was getting out for an evening with a friend for a little birthday bash at one of my favourite local businesses.
- I haven’t purchased any clothes the last two months and that is a bit of a disappointment because there have been many things I think I would like but I just haven’t been able to commit.
- Transitioning to plant based has been more difficult than I anticipated only because I have zero appetite and the only things I really ever eat because of it are full of carbs and quick. It is still very much on my mind and when I can muster up the motivation I do prepare lots of veggies.
- We really haven’t done much adventuring yet because we’re really not into cold but I hope that changes now that it’s warming up.
I think that’s it! I do feel as though my word COMMIT has been huge for me this year. I’ve started and continue to be diligent with a budget, I’ve committed to my hobbies, we’ve been far more consistent with our homeschool. Overall I’m feeling pretty great about it!
How are your goals going so far this year? Have you been checking in with them periodically?